The Man Who Lives Alone
My Intro to Comics final about ghosts and love.
- Group of protesters briefly stop traffic on the highway (1) (2) Traffic was successfully blocked for 4 1/2 minutes
- Protests continue in front of Ferguson Police Station (x) (x) (x)
- What can Ferguson teach journalists?
- Re-watch old LiveStreams
- Donate to Ferguson Municipal Public Library
- Donate to STL Food Bank
- Help looted businesses get back on their feet. Donate to:
North County Regional Development Association, 350B Village Square Drive, Hazelwood, MO 63042
What it would look like if the Orion Nebula was a distance of 4 light years away.
Now I’m so pissed off that it isn’t
no one ever says that Rome needed help from aliens to build their empire
#l laughed for days when i found out that #ancient egyptians used water to reduce friction and move blocks for distances #and that this was literally DEPICTED ON THEIR HIEROGLYPHICS #but ~western archaeologists~ #thought that the pouring of water depicted ~superstitious rituals~ #jfc
i like to think that hogwarts has a really strong wi-fi signal, but like the stair cases, it keeps moving around. just muggleborns, chillin on their laptops all suddenly stand up together, dash madly to a different corner of the school, and sit down wordlessly like some kind of mind hive flock of pigeons while the purebloods are just so confused
It’s been over two weeks since mankind failed to vote for “Persephone” as a name for one of Pluto’s moons - my way of coping with the disappointment was drawing Hades’ reaction, obviously.
this is adorable
Aug. 21 2014
Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia, has once again blocked all computers from the U.S. House of Representatives in order to stop malicious edits to popular pages on the site.
According to The Hill, Wikipedia instituted the ban on Wednesday night after users operating from the House IP address made a series of anti-trans edits to the page for Netflix series Orange is the New Black.
Anonymous users operating from the Republican-led House were persistently re-editing the page to slur trans actress Laverne Cox by mis-gendering her mentions on the show’s page. For instance, they changed Cox’s description from “real transgender woman” to “real man pretending to be a woman.”
One user in particular went on an anti-trans editing spree this week, changing entries on multiple pages related to transgenderism until Wikipedia administrators were forced to step in.
“An obvious transphobe is using this IP to edit the article on transphobia,” the Hill quoted one Wikipedia user as saying.
“I have no problem with Congressional staffers editing Wikipedia,” said another user to the anti-trans editor. “I have a problem only with YOU vandalizing Wikipedia.”
The person using the IP address responded — without revealing their identity — that the malicious edits were in fact “official business” endorsed by a member of the House. Their changes, they said, were intended to bring “fairness” to the discussion.
and these are the fucking children that run our country. this is despicable.
Please take a minute to generally know what’s going on in Pakistan right now.
On August 14th, Pakistan’s Independence Day, peaceful demonstrators started a march for the capital in opposition to the current prime minister. Now 17 days in to their peaceful sit in at the prime minister’s house civilians are being attacked and brutalized by the military.
They are being shot with rubber bullets, tear gas, and shells. Women and children are on the frontline, joined by lower and middle class citizens. It’s not rebels or bad people, its teachers, craftsmen, doctors.
It is hardly being reported on international media, but a peaceful protest in a democratic country is being met with such hard violence sanctioned by its military, and that’s a very very scary thing.
Headlines are making it sound like it is an equal clash, but these are UNARMED CIVILIANS, who are exercising their human right to oppose injustice. They want the current president Nawaz Sharif to resign, and are being attacked for it. Tensions in Pakistan are the direct result of the upper class elite and misuse of power by the military declaring a state of emergency to bypass laws and impose curfew on its citizens, by any force necessary.
- Donations for Darren Wilson mysteriously halt after reaching over $400K. Darren Wilson Gofundme page officially shut down!!!
- The “Support Darren Wilson” Facebook page is deleting comments about basic financial questions and is urging supporters to petition against the Mike Brown Fund
- Time uses the word “negrophobia” instead of “racism” and compares fear of spiders to fear of black people. Seriously.
- The truth about flash bangs
- Public art on Canfield: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
- Video from the March on Ferguson
- Video from DC’s Mike Brown Rally
- 10 people from the Lost Voices organization are living in tents (x) until there is justice for Mike Brown
- Mike Brown’s family asks for 4 1/2 minutes of silence tomorrow instead of highway protest
imagine everyone on the enterprise treating uhura like everyone on tumblr treats natalie dormer
imagine jim telling spock that “uhura could literally kick me in the shins, spit on my face, and take the captains chair away from me and i’d probably be like ‘okay thank you do you want a footrub your eyes are so pretty’”