I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Finished a splash-painting of a Northern Pygmy Owl this week. Hope you enjoy! :) India ink, watercolor paint, and markers.
Falkirk Wheel - Falkirk Scotland
The Falkirk Wheel takes about as much energy as it would to boil about 8 kettles of water
What? WHAT? What? WHAAAT?
Wait isn’t that the thing from that movie with Jodie Foster and the aliens?
Apparently this is a real rotating boat lift from Scotland and according to the UK tourist website it is indeed so well balanced it actually takes only 1.5kWh of electricity per rotation and that makes me so happy.
Engineers are magicians.
women are more likely than men to develop a mental illness but you rarely hear about women going on shooting sprees because men won’t be with us or love us or fuck us, bottom line, if you’re willing to relate mental illness and mass murder while also refusing to relate misogyny to women dying at the hands of men, then bye bye no time for you
IT TOOK ME TWO TIMES TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS GOING ON, HOLY FUCKING SHIT MY SIDES.
smoeone pls reblog this with a source link omg
remember like 2 years ago when christmas stopped feeling like christmas for some reason
This post creeps me out because it is absolutely true
WHAT HAPPENED TO CHRISTMAS
I think people need to realize that it’s okay to like stuff and not have a deep reason for it
You can like a character because they’re cute, not because you identify with them
You can like a ship because you think they look good together, not because of a deep emotional bond
You can like a song because it’s catchy, not because of the meaningful lyrics
If you like it that’s okay, you don’t have to have deep reason or meaning behind it
alright i was tagged by Lucy for a thing so
1. Post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger asked you and make eleven new ones.
3.Tag eleven people and link them to your post.
4. Let them know you have tagged them.
1. what makes you angry?
i don’t really get angry so much as pissed off/annoyed but things that trigger my annoyance include sexism,racism, and bad writing
2. 10 years in your future, you make headlines. What is it for?
“lone hiker falls off cliff in attempt to get close to bird”
3. What are the last five novels you read (not for school)
ehhhh i don’t really remember oh jeez uh
- a madness of angels - kate griffin
-the golden compass- phillip pullman
-the subtle knife- phillip pullman
-the amber spyglass- phillip pullman
-the entire fullmetal alchemist series- hiromu arakawa (yes i know this is a manga but since it’s the entire series i think it should count)
4. What is the purpose of life?
uhhh idk to create things? to learn things?
5. What makes something right and what makes something wrong?
this is pretty suggestive but generally i would say that if something harms or restricts the freedom of a human being it’s probably a bad thing
6. What is something we should do together?
we should claim a lunch table in the back of the lunch room with all the other seniors so that we don’t have to sit next to freshman again
7. What type of drunk do you think you think you would be?
angsty or sleepy
8. What is one topic you don’t want to talk about?
can’t really think of anything, but wouldn’t mentioning it here be talking about it?
9. What is one ‘little pleasure’ in life?
10. What do you think others think of you?
tbh i don’t think they think about me at all
alright i’m supposed to come up with new questions but i’ve already accidentally closed out of this tab like three times so i don’t really feel like it
real reasons bisexual women are likely to end up in long-term relationships with men:
- huge amounts of societal pressure to be heterosexual or at least hetero passing
- rewards, both legal and social, of heterosexual marriage
- fear of coming out as bisexual, except in anonymous self-reporting studies
- fear of accidentally flirting with straight women because of the stereotypes concerning homosexuality and predatory behaviours
- disappointment/resignation after a life full of unreciprocated crushes on straight women
- negative opinions about bisexuals making it difficult to find partners within the LGBTQ community
not a reason bisexual women are more likely to end up in long-term relationships with men:
- bisexuality isn’t a real orientation and we’re all secretly faking it
asexual vulcans though
asexual vulcans not going through pon farr
asexual vulcans being revered/super respected by other vulcans because they’ve somehow been born with the ability to transcend sexual attraction and activity
asexual vulcans sharing their inner nonsexuality with allosexual vulcans going through kohlinar
asexual vulcans being celebrated, in calm, logical, vulcan fashion