Thank you mystery stranger for having the courage to deface these LGBTQIA posters around my friend’s school because she was too shy to do it but is now immensely grateful for the change
I just learned that Nichelle Nichols ad-libbed “sorry, neither” in rehearsals and they were only able to sneak it by the censors because it wasn’t in the script and—excuse me I’m overcome with happiness because my favorite Uhura line of all time was actually written by Uhura.
#I don’t need to be rescued #It’s such a great fucking line #On the top it’s the whole thing #And then there’s getting at the definitions #She’s not ‘fair’ ie white #Nor is she a maiden ie a virgin #Bless this line
So apparently some rich French guy was sitting around one day and wanted to sit in the middle of the desert and watch Dune with his friends. So he made a theater and then it turns out It was a really, really bad idea and not a single movie was shown there. The local’s in the middle of somewhere Egypt didn’t like the idea for some reason and sabotaged it. Now there’s a random theater in the middle of the desert and some day no one will know why.
raise your hand if you have so many ideas that you’re not talented enough for
3rd Year Degree Show. I’ve decided to put in my pigeon wing chandelier. The wings are silkscreen on paper.
they have the ability to change their skin coloration and texture on command
god, i hate teenage girls, they’re so vapid and awful
like, let’s go over a list of all the terrible things teenage girls have done
- volunteered for the first line of defense at the battle of stalingrad to fight against nazis
- invented science fiction
- rode twice as far as paul revere, in the pouring rain and alone, to alert americans to the approaching british during the revolutionary war
- pioneered the art of investigative journalism, and its use as a tool of social justice
- turned the tide of the hundred years’ war
- put themselves in the line of fire, often literally, in order to help end injustice
- organized a student strike that helped spark brown v. board
- hid from the nazis in an annex for two years and found such great poignancy in their experience that their ordinary day-to-day-thoughts have become world famous
- led lewis and clark across the north american continent— while pregnant/raising a child
- worked to desegregate schools in 1835, as well as to end slavery
- helped found the aclu and fought for women’s suffrage; also, got arrested for being radical socialists
- wrote the first known work of literature by an american black person
like, god, what a bunch of bubbleheaded excuses for human beings
i have feelings that are too real for characters that are fictional
does anyone else ever get really stressed over assignments and know that you should be doing them but you feel like you physically can’t stop procrastinating and that just stresses you out even more or is that just me
um you guys
IF THIS ISN’T THE GREATEST THING YOU’VE EVER SEEN THEN YOU’RE LYING
this is the culmination of the entire history of classical music
are you serious
Somebody made a piece for an orchestra arranged around a cat messing with a piano. This is wonderful.
"According to the FBI, there have been 129 confirmed white Christian terrorists in the last 20 years. That includes Timothy McVae, the uni-bomber, the Atlanta Olympics bomber and dozens of family planning centers and abortion clinics. Muslims? 19. Which would make white people the most likely demographic to commit a terrorist attack. So watch your mouth before you call me a terrorist or I’ll knock your fucking teeth out.”
I see all your majestic gryphons on sketch_dailes and raise you a potoophon.
This makes me happy on levels that I cannot fully express.
Me writing anything: This plot needs more character death
Is your name Steven Moffat??
I said character death not gaping plot holes and poorly written characters with little decent development